Thursday, August 8, 2013

Perfect Paleo Pancakes

Perfect Paleo Pancakes








There are several recipes out there in internet land that call for basically the same or similiar ingredients. Below is a receipt for Paleo Pancakes that I came up based upon a lot of experimentation that doesn't have a super eggy taste and is easy to flip! All the other ones that I tried made a huge mess whenever I tried to flip them, or they would run into one great big huge pancake, or they tasted like scrambled eggs with banana in them! Yuck! We make these at least once a week and always make extra to put in the freezer for another day. They are great for breakfast, but also make a good quick diner as well.

If you need me, I'll be in the kitchen!


Stefanie

Paleo Pancakes - Serves 1 hungry individual

  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 banana 
  • 1 T of coconut flour 
  • 1T of almond flour 
  • Optional toppings or add in's: Berries, Bananas, Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, Coconut Milk Whipped Cream, Toasted Nuts
  • and the list goes on and on...... 

Put all ingredients in a 4 cup measuring cup. Mix well with either a blender or an immersion blender. This only makes about 5 pancakes so I usually double or triple the recipe. Once all the pancakes are done, I lay them out flat on a cookie sheet and freeze them . This way they don't stick together. I then put them in a gallon ziplock bag. Freezing them this way makes it easier to pull out one at a time. On days that my husband has a super early meeting he just pulls a couple (four or five actually) out of the freezer and puts them in the toaster. He loves his with sunbutter and a touch of pure maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment